Culture-Specific Elements in Scientific, Professional and Official Translation: Tips & Tricks
- To learn how to handle the translation of culture-specific elements generally regarded as hurdles and obstacles in non-literary translation based on a new approach identified as the cogno-cultural approach to translation.
- To familiarise with the most common types of culture-specific segments within written discourse.
- To develop the skill to identify culture-specific elements in a source text.
- To establish and develop both the skill and the techniques needed for the handling of such difficult phrases.
- To learn how to use the WWW and the Internet efficiently when searching for corresponding equivalents.
Become a ProZ.com Trainer
Translators who become trainers can earn money every time their video is watched.