Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is It Really That Simple?
You will learn how to:
• Breakdown of the material into sections: Descriptions, SEO, software content, terms and conditions, etc.
• Breakdown of the material into tasks: Translation, SEO, Proofreading, Quality Assurance, software code, etc.
• Localize cultural information: identify problems and adopt viable solutions
• Where to find industry jargon for aviation, hotel descriptions, names and descriptions for locations, etc.
• Pay attention to issues in terminology: what are the common mistakes and how to avoid them
Discussion on this video is open only to Plus subscribers.Subscribe to Plus
Nice, competent introduction to the field with some useful tips and advice and materials.
Overall, the course provided useful information and resources about this sector. It would have been nice though to have some more insights into the linguistic challenges and more information on how to specialise and find work in the field. However, the trainer offered to give more advice after the session in case of further questions. I found the course to be more suitable for a beginner translator.
Video transcripts are only available for active Plus package subscribers. Learn more
Become a ProZ.com Trainer
Translators who become trainers can earn money every time their video is watched.